Hello! I am Bishal Baaniya. Currently studying MS in CS at Miami University.
Out-of-the-box thinker and research-oriented Computer Scientist/Engineer with extensive software development experience. Test-Driven Development (TDD) and agile software development evangelist. Expertise in working in highly cross-functional teams with large-system architecture.
Here is a short video of my journey at Turing.com
- An online land transaction platform based on blockchain.
- I handled the frontend part of this project using ReactJS.
- This project was listed as one of the top 10 projects at a national level competition - Smart Urban Technology Challenge (SUTC) held in 2018.
- Link to Project (Note: this project is still under construction)
- A web application that converts a resume into a website and also handles all the hosting part.
- I handled the frontend part of the project using ReactJS. The frontend is being developed by a team of 3.
- Link to Project
- An iOS and Android app that helps users connect to an astrologer.
- As a frontend developer, I developed translator interface, and a Guru interface (using ReactJS). I also developed the admin panel which included Users/Questions CRUD and data visualization.
- Link to Project
- An AI-based online resume parser helping companies make the hiring process easier.
- I was the frontend-engineer (React developer) for this project as well as the designer.
Aug 2021 - Present
- Leading development of the EthnoBotanical Database (EBD) project.
- Assisting in the development of Indigenous Languages Digital Archive (ILDA) project for the preservation of languages of Native American people.
- Researching on the topic “Neural Machine Translation using Attention Mechanism for Low-resource Languages” for the Myaamia Language.
- Tech stack: Laravel, VanillaJS, jQuery, Swift, Android Development, Docker.
Mar 2020 - Jul 2021
- Led front-end software development team of 5 developers.
- Coordinated software development team with 4 other departments.
- Implemented Test-Driven Development (TDD) approach to build an automated AI-based data analytics system.
- Created and maintained technical design documents, user stories, and agile-related documents.
- Tech stack: Django, Python, VueJS, ReactJS, Google Analytics, VanillaJS, jQuery, C++, Jira
Nov 2018 - Mar 2020
- Co-founded the company and worked as technical lead.
- Oversaw the project design and development process of over 12 projects.
- Involved in project planning, estimation, client negotiation, reporting, documentation, and accounting.
- Deployed applications using Linux servers and virtualized environments using Docker, Amazon Web Services, and Linode.
- Tech stack: NodeJS, ReactJS, Django, jQuery, Android Development.
Apr 2018 - Nov 2018
- Designed and developed web applications.
- Coordinated the Nepal team with the US team to build cross-functional software.
- Integrated Docker and Amazon Web Services (AWS), Payment gateways to multiple React and iOS projects.
- Tech Stack: NodeJS, ReactJS, React Native, Django.
Aug 2015 - Apr 2018
- Worked on a total of 66 projects.
- Tech stack: Python, Django, React, VueJS, NodeJS, Machine Learning, Android Studio, Swift, etc.
2021 - Present
Miami University, Oxford, OH
- Important Coursework: Intro to AI, High-Performance Computing (HPC), Software Engineering.
- Research interests: Software Engineering, AI, Machine Learning.
2014 - 2018
IOE, Pulchowk Campus
- Important Coursework: Data Structure and Algorithms, Discrete Mathematics, Mathematics (including Fourier Analysis, Linear Algebra, Linear Programming, Calculus), Theory of Computation, Big Data, Data Mining, Artificial Intelligence, Cybersecurity, Numerical Methods, Probability and Statistics, Operating System, Computer Networks.
2010 - 2012
St. Xavier's College, Maitighar, Nepal
- Important Coursework: Botany, Zoology, Computer Science
Benton Hall, 510 E. High St., Oxford, OH 45056